No Man (or Woman) is an Island…
Let’s face it, sometimes doing a real estate deal on your own is just not practical, feasible, or profitable. I know you want to do it yourself, but sometimes you just need someone else to fill in the gaps – money, deals, time, efforts, connections, financing, and/or expertise you don’t have. But not every partnership or JV is successful or profitable. You need to learn when and how to partner with others to get the deal done with the least amount of effort and the maximum profit. My “Power Partnering” course will show you the ins and outs of real estate partnerships, JVs, and syndications. You will learn valuable skills to create profitable relationships with the least amount of headaches.
Here’s Some Great Reason to Use Partners…
- Use a partner to go out and “bird dog” deals for you.
- Use a partner to manage a project or properties that you don’t have time for.
- Use a partner with expertise that you don’t have.
- Use a partner with the necessary cash you don’t have.
- Use a partner to qualify for a bank loan that you cannot qualify for.
- Use a partner with experience and reputation to create credibility.
- Use partners to fund a commercial or multifamily deal.
But... I Don't Want Partners!
GET OVER IT! It can save you time and money
Failed Past Partnerships – that doesn’t mean you can’t learn how to do it RIGHT!
“I Can Do it Myself” – you may not have enough time, skills or money to get it done.
In Short, a Properly Structured JV or Partnership Will Allow You to
Leverage Other People’s Resources, Skills, Money, Deals, and/or Connections.
The "MacDaddy" of all Real Estate Partnering Courses!
- How to decide whether to bring on a partner - it's not always the best option
- Alternatives to partnership arrangements - sometimes there's another path forward...
- How to choose your partners - neglect these guidelines at your peril!
- Doing due diligence on your potential partner - know what you are getting...
- How to evaluate the "splits" and responsibilities - who gets what? who does what?
- How to "sell" your deal to a partner - how to get a partner or partners on board with you
- How to structure the deal or project - do I use an LLC, corporation, trust, JV, or other?
- Tax and legal issues of JV's and real estate partnerships - pay me now, or pay me later!
- Longer-term real estate partnerships - how they differ from JV's or short-term arrangements
- Doing BIG deals - how to structure syndications to raise capital (legal issues and regulations)
- Soliciting for private money - be careful how you tread here or the SEC will be on you
- Putting it in writing - how to lay out your relationship in writing to avoid problems later!
- How to deal with a blow-up - anticipating the inevitable disputes that arise in partnerships